The Lovely Lisa M. Needs a Hot Man Y’all!
Fans of the Bachelor definitely missed out by not getting to know Lisa M. better. This cute, little spitfire was absolutely one of my favorite people in the house. When things were going crazy in Bachelorville– I always knew I could count on Lisa as someone to talk to, make me laugh, or go on a workout with me. I know that she was frustrated that she didn’t get a one-on-one with Brad and that a lot of their time together wasn’t shown, but I’m proud of her for remaining strong in the house and never succumbing to gossip, drama, or whining that she didn’t get a date.
She’s extremely wise for only being 25 but she definitely knows how to let loose and show her goofy side. (Scroll down to watch a video of Lisa and I dancing – fast forward to the 8:00 minute mark!)
I absolutely love her and I couldn’t think of anyone else I’d rather get a tattoo with and show my secret talent too ;)! I sincerely hope that she finds love soon and I have a feeling that after this post, the requests for dates are going to come pouring in!
Hello Bachelor fans! I am so excited to be guest blogging with Ashley S as I truly call her my friend. Going on The Bachelor was one of the best experiences in my life, if not the best. It’s one of those opportunities you never actually think you’d do let alone be picked for, but when it happens, it’s so surreal. When ABC extended the offer to come on the show, I really did debate on whether it was worth it. Then I realized I was crazy to think that. I am young, single, live in a smaller city with limited fellas, and I had nothing to lose. Best decision ever. I have made amazing girlfriends, discovered things about myself I never really thought about, and overall, had the chance find love. Even though it didn’t work for me, it’s definitely all for the best. Brad ended up with the right chick, Emily, and I couldn’t be happier. Yes, I’m still single, but being single really has helped me figure out who I am, what I want to do, where I want to be, and more importantly who I am looking for in a man. Now, it’s up to me to find Mr. Right!
I hope you all enjoy Ashley’s new blog on me!
Questions for Miss Lisa M.
How has being on the Bachelor changed your view on relationships?
- Being on the Bachelor hasn’t really changed my view on relationships, it more so has changed my view on how there are so many different ways to meet someone. I’ve never done the online dating thing but honestly, I know so many people who have found the “one” in the most random circumstances, like Facebook! Shout out to people like Miss Ashley S. :) Going on the Bachelor was my random circumstance so I figured why not!
Have you ever climbed on the top bunk to cuddle with anyone when she was missing her sister!!! HA! (From Michelle J)
- Oh my gosh, one of my favorite moments on the show! Michelle and I were roomies pretty much the entire time I was on the show and she truly felt like a sister to me. I was going through a hard time while being away because my older sister was about to get married. This was actually a huge issue for me on whether or not I was going to go on the Bachelor. All in all, I knew one way or another I was going to her wedding. Ironically, I went home two days before her wedding..ha! All in all, Michelle is a great cuddler!
Where does you shop your style is so cute!? And what is your workout regimen you are in such good shape.
- Let’s just say I love shopping! I am definitely into the whole Indian look right now…the feather earrings, the crop top shirts. My favorite store is probably Urban Outfitters. But then again, who can resist Forever21? They have EVERYTHING
- My workout regimen is basically running. I just run run run. I have been a runner for a very long time; I even ran Division One track and field. Honestly, it’s a love hate relationship but as long as it keeps me in shape, I’ll stick to loving it.
How fast can you run?
- Faaaaaaast! Kidding. My best mile time is 4:50. Once upon a time…
Are you single?
- I’m single and ready to mingle! Did you know, Kansas City is voted #1 worst city for singles to live? Yup. True story…now I want to cry.
What are you looking for in a man?
- Someone who makes me laugh. I know that is such a cliché answer but it is so true. I have funny friends, sometimes I can be funny, and honestly a funny guy is just so attractive to me. Also, I want a man who is confident but not cocky. Big difference. I think someone who is confident will go a long way in life professionally and within a relationship. Where can I find him?? Ashley, does your boyfriend have any hot single friends? (Ashley S.: Yep! Come to New York and let’s see what we can do!)
Were you surprised by Brad being the bachelor? Were you disappointed?
- I don’t really know what I was thinking at the time. It was rumored to be Chris L. Then it was rumored he turned it down. Next thing I knew, Brad Womack was popping up in these rumors. Honestly, I was happy it was Brad…until I realized him and I were from very different worlds…literally. He is 38!
What is your favorite memory on the show?
- I have two favorite memories…Ashley S. will love the first one. Favorite memory #1 was probably when one of the producers, Ashley H, Ashley S, and I finished our “workout” and Ashley S demonstrated her hidden talent. I’ll never tell! But I about peed my pants!
- Favorite memory #2 was in Vegas, when Michelle and I were getting ready for filming, we decided we were talented enough to start singing “A Whole New World”…off the top of our lungs. Loved every minute of it.
Who did you get along with best in the house?
- All the girls were so great. Truly. This is a hard question. For me, I made friends with all the girls, some I was closer with, but overall I had so much fun with everyone. I would say I was closer to Emily, Michelle, and Ashley S. (I’m confessing my love to you Ash!)
Was there anyone you didn’t get along with?
- If there was anyone, I didn’t know it!
Describe Chris Harrison in 5 words or less.
- interesting wedding ring
- job nailed down to a T
- Family man
- “most controversial season ever”
Who did you think the bachelor was going to be?
- Word was it was Chris L. Then I heard Bran Womack. Again, I wish it would have been Kovacs. Ha. Kidding!
Were you happy with the way you were portrayed on the show?
- Yes and no. People thought I had NO time with Brad. People thought I was quiet. Just so you all know, I had my share of time with Mr. Womack! I wouldn’t have stayed as long as I did if we didn’t have conversations and a connection. Dang you ABC! Jk. I also wish people would have seen my personality more. Dang it! Oh well. I just say, I didn’t get as much airtime because maybe I wasn’t involved in the drama enough? We can just go with that. J
What side of you did people not get to see on the show?
- First off, that I won the race car challenge! Raced 151 mph. My Kansas girl came out in me I guess. I was so happy and excited and Brad and I had great connection on that date.
If you could do one thing on the show differently, what would it be?
- I would have put myself out there more, been more aggressive. I am a confident person but I think in situations like the Bachelor, it brought out a weird side of me. I felt more reserved, questioned more, which is so not fun for any girl, and definitely not me! Although I will say, Brad needed to spice it up a little more. A person can only feel comfortable with someone is confident. Again, a quality I look for. Do you think Brad lacked that a bit? I did at some points.
Do you think Brad made the right choice?
- · I do. I think Emily is amazing. She is one of the girls in the house I was closest with. I would have picked her if I was the Bachelor! She’s a hot little momma. I also did like Chantal. She was a great girl for him as well. But he had to choose someone, right! I just look back now and am happy it wasn’t me. Him and I weren’t the right fit.
What do you think of Ashley H. as the new Bachelorette?
- I am really interested to watch this season. I love the girl, I think she is great, but I was surprised when she was the chosen one. I don’t know why but I was. Then again I don’t know who I thought it would be. All I know is that it will probably be the “most controversial season ever!!” I think Ashley H. will be great! Can’t wait to watch.
How many times have you been in love?
- I have been in great relationships. I am a relationship type of girl. I had a serious relationship in high school, college, and even after graduation. I would say I have truly been in love once with my college boyfriend. But maybe I don’t even know what love is yet?
What is your definition of love?
- I would think love is having that feeling of always putting them first. Always finding yourself supporting every decision and action they make. Being able to sit in a room and say nothing and be completely happily content. I think if you love someone you just know. Plus, it’s always nice to know you love someone who might just love you just a littttttttttle bit more (unselfishly stated)
What was your motivation for going on the show?
- have many girlfriends, including myself, who watch The Bachelor. On top of that, my girlfriends always want to set up their “single friend Lisa”. When we heard that Kansas City was doing an open-casting call for The Bachelor, I didn’t hear the end of it! At this point, I figured I have nothing to lose… other than my person life. Haha. But really, I am young, single, and live in a city where I haven’t found the right guy, so I was on board. Next thing I knew, I was flying to LA!
Compare your thoughts on how the show was going to be before you went on to how you felt about it after you got home and watched the show.
- I am a big fan of The Bachelor/Bachelorette. I’ve watched almost every session and when I was casted to be on the Session 15, so many thoughts ran through my head. I “knew” how this show worked (so I thought), I knew relationships really do develop, and I knew the guy or girl they pick is always top notch. I was stocked.
- Once I was home and the show aired, I was a little disappointed. Only because the session seemed so different! It focused so much on the girls and the drama and the “villain” when really, my experience was not that. Everyone got a long, for the most part, and watching it back made me realize that so many conversations were had that I never knew! You definitely find out who likes who and what type of “connection” the girl really has first hand. Crazy stuff!
- I think overall I just wish it hadn’t been so much of what was going on in the house and more focused on what Brad had to say about each girl…
Who would win between a bear and a shark? Why?
- The only way this is possible is if the bear is in the water…therefore the shark has advantage! So, shark!
If you had made it to the final two and Brad picked you, would you have said yes?
- I will never know the answer to this question. But going off my experience alone, probably not! I’m okay with that.
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 2 girls from the show would you bring?
- Britt, the chef, because she would figure out how to make dinner out of nothing. Except for how teeny tiny she is, she sure eats a lot!
- Madison, because maybe her fangs will scare off any dangerous animals!
What’s your favorite drink to order at a bar?
- I love red wine!!! Forever and ever and ever.
Who’s your role model?
- My sister. She rocks. She has a great husband, a great job, is a great sister and will most definitely be a great mother one day. She is 5 years older than me so she has been a huge influence in my life as my mentor. She is my bestie!
If you could have a super power what would it be?
- Maybe fly? That way I can go see all my new friends anytime I want!
If you could only eat or drink for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- Mexican food. Cheese is my drug. Any way we can make cheese healthier? Million dollar idea?
Where would you have taken Brad if you got a hometown date?
- I am from a small town in Kansas. Wal-mart would have been the highlight of our date. ;) Followed by a sonic slush!
Do you regret getting your tattoo?
- Absolutely not! Best bonding experience I had on the show. I have always wanted a tattoo but am the type of person who wanted a reason to get one, something that had meaning! Going on The Bachelor was one of the biggest decisions I’ve made and honestly somewhat life changing. Getting that tattoo will always remind me on how to take chances in life, experiencing new opportunities, and honestly doing something so surreal.
You have 24 hours to live, what would you do?
- Do all the things I love:
o Eat Mexican food
o Drink red wine
o Spend time with family and friends
o See movie after movie after movie
o Go to the beach
o Go skiing
o Then shop till I drop
Tell us a secret.
- This good ole Kansas girl is moving outta Kansas!
What should a guy do if he wants to impress you?
- Bring me flowers, buy me gifts, worship me………okay okay, realistically, be himself and if I dig it, then im impressed!
What’s your favorite Will Ferrell movie?
- Elf. His best.
Here’s the video of Lisa and I dancing! Fast forward to minute mark 8:00 for all the hilariousness!